Saturday 9 February 2013

School...school...school...

I must say this week I am in love with school! I love the feeling of a new year and a fresh start and my daughter's excitement has rubbed off on me. I'm also a bit of a stationery fanatic, so that makes the before school shopping a whole lot more bearable. Anyways that is enough of me rambling on like it's my own blog!

Even though I am one of "those Mum's" that always has her camera, I don't have a whole lot of photos of actual 'at school' activities. However, our lovely teacher last year gave each of the children a personal  newsletter on the last day of school. It was full of photos of our daughter and all that she did during the year. I didn't want to cut it up as I wanted to keep it, so I scanned it into my computer and printed them off. The quality isn't fabulous but it's a lot better than not having them. Many classrooms have blogs and this can also be a great resource.

I made this page using those photos and I wanted to highlight and remember all the wonderful hands on work they did.  I used the faithful kraft for my background but framed it with some blue and stitched a border to add a little detail. For some continuity I inked all the edges lightly with my walnut stain distress ink.



 I cut the title and polaroids on my silhouette and made the little file folder by tracing one that I already had. I love  papers that have a ton of borders of elements printed on them like this one, they are an economical way of getting a lot of different patterns and other bits and pieces. I used these borders as strips of paper and then added some rub ons continuing the strips of paper idea. The cute back to school flag came from this sticker sheet. This page came together really quick.


A lot of our themed school products do come in the primary colours, so just for something different I thought i'd do a pink, green and grey page.




This was inspired by the pink and grey elements on this sticker sheet. I saw the cute banner and faux washi and knew I wanted to use them. The grey star paper worked well with this and I brought the green ticket paper in from the dear lizzy 6x6 pad. The snap letter stickers are a great match also. To get the grey painted streaks I used my Mr Huey's and just painted it on instead of spraying. The smile I love you delicate diecut was cut on my silhouette. I journalled her story of the day on the card that I popped in behind.

I have been so enjoying all this school focused scrapbooking... next we switch over to Valentine's Day!

Have a wonderful day, hope the sun is shining wherever you are.
Hayley

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...